Unnat Bharat Abhiyan is inspired by the vision of transformational change in rural development processes by leveraging knowledge institutions to help build the architecture of an Inclusive India.
The Mission of Unnat Bharat Abhiyan is to enable higher educational institutions to work with the people of rural India for identifying development challenges and evolving appropriate solutions for accelerating sustainable growth. It also aims to create a virtuous cycle between society and an inclusive academic system by providing knowledge and practices for emerging professions and to upgrade the capabilities of both the public and the private sectors in responding to the development needs of rural India.
- To build an understanding of the development agenda within institutes of Higher Education, enhance institutional capacity and provide training relevant to national needs, especially those of rural India.
- To re-emphasize the need for field work, stake-holder interactions and design of societal objectives to be the basis of higher education.
- To stress on rigorous reporting and useful outputs as being central to developing new professions.
- To provide rural India and regional agencies with access to the professional resources of the institutes of higher education, especially those that have acquired academic excellence in the field of science, engineering and technology and management.
- To improve development outcomes as a consequence of research and to develop new professions and new processes to sustain and absorb the outcomes of research.
- To foster new dialogues within the larger community on science, society and the environment and to develop a sense of dignity and collective destiny.